The first ever I’m a Scientist Ireland kicked off today, with a bang.. A massive technical bang! None of the live chats were working, despite the heavy duty testing and usage before the event. Thankfully, our technical support managed to swiftly sort it out and got them working again for the rest of the event, and ready for all the zones to get stuck in with their questions and live chats.
Now for a little taster as to what the scientists have been answering today.. Here are some of the questions that have been asked so far:
- has your robot ever attacked you [Health Zone]
- why did you want to work with poo [Health Zone]
- how do the stars explode [Space Zone]
- How do you make the nanosheets that are a 100,000 smaller than a single strand of hair? [Space Zone]
- why are baby flamingos grey [Hydrogen Zone]
- what kind of things can nanotechnology do for us [Hydrogen Zone]
There are loads more live chats booked for the rest of the week, all of which you can watch live, if you’re not already taking part!