Today was all about experiments gone wrong, accidents, gross laboratory stories and a lot of flamingo talk (thanks to Eileen from the Hydrogen Zone). So far there have been 222 questions approved and 51 live chats booked for the event so far, and it’s only the second day!
- Do you think every student in ireland should have to do science without a choice? [Hydrogen Zone]
- Some people believe it was god that put everyone where we are now, but some other people say its the big bang. Can you explain to me what the big bang is? [Hydrogen Zone]
- how do you make pancakes in space [Space Zone]
- What is you favourite planet or star? Why this planet/star? [Space Zone]
- when a baby is born with the bowel on the outside why does this happen and why?? [Health Zone]
- how do we know there isnt any more planets in space? [Health Zone]
Here’s a snippet of what went on in a couple of the livechats today:
amazingaoife123 : whats the most dangerous thing that happened to you
endaoconnell : @amazingaoife123 A student spilled a really nasty chemical on me once, but I was wearing a lab coat so i was ok. He wasn’t and got some on his clothes so he had to strip off in the lab!
jeanbourke : @amazingaoife I’ve accidentally breathed in some stuff I really shouldn’t have and had to go sit in the fresh air for a while. We’ve had a lot of dangerous stuff happen but because we are careful and follow safety guidelines nothing bad has actually happened to any of us.
amazingaoife123 : @tim does any thing live on us
timdowning : @amazingaoife123 so many things! We even have tiny mites that live on our eyelashes!
There are loads more live chats booked for the rest of the week, all of which you can watch live, if you’re not already taking part!